There is now a new curse word in my vocabulary. That word is Laundry. It almost makes me sick to even say it. I feel like that's all I do. Make no mistake, I don't really care for any type of housework, but laundry has become the #1 worst thing for me. This evening, I stayed home from soccer practice so I could work on the laundry some more and maybe I wouldn't feel so behind all week. So, as I folded and put away, I felt sorry for myself and wished I could be having fun with my family. As I "stewed" my mind wandered to just how many loads of laundry I have done in the past week anyway. To the best of my recollection, I was then working on load #15. That doesn't include the 4 loads of blankets I've done so far. I currently have 1 load in the washer and 1 load in the dryer and 3 loads still waiting to be done. Does it ever end?
The answer is no and I know I need to quit worrying about it. I know all of you mammas out there are going through the same thing and I know I'm not the only one drowing in a sea of laundry. Let me just say that I feel your pain.
Even though I have to make a conscious effort to be thankful for anything regarding this chore, I am thankful for the following:
1. That I have a washer and dryer in my home and I don't have to go haul my laundry to and from a laundromat.
2. That I have both a washer and a dryer.
3. That I have a home to store the clean laundry.
4. That I'm not scrubbing away in a creek with a washboard and lye soap trying to get my clothes clean.
5. That we have clothes and towels to get dirty and then clean again.
6. That I have money to buy laundry supplies.
7. That I have a family to do laundry for.
Do you hate laundry as much as me? Do you have another household chore that you loathe? Gotta go switch another load!
another view of Mary and Martha
1 week ago
2 comments:
Don't you have a smaller washer and dryer? (I thought I remembered you saying the apartment's washer was small but not as small as you had imagined. . .) Anyway, yes, I hate laundry! No, I don't have as much as you. . .mine often piles up until it threatens to evacuate us from the house. . .Laundry is evil. The minute you think you might be caught up, you look around and realize everyone there is wearing clothes. . .that must be WASHED!!
My mom is a wonderful, miraculous person, who will often volunteer to do our laundry. (I never really took her up on it until I was pregnant with Kady. Then, it suddenly became necessary!) Best of luck!
Rachel
Hey girl! I do hate laundry too, but I would rather was 5 loads a day for a week straight than clean blinds -- that's my big HATE item on my cleaning list! Maybe we could swap off sometime if you enjoy the blinds! :) ha ha
Hope you & the family are doing well!
Post a Comment